The Old Boys’ Union & Heritage Centre
The Old Boys’ Union & Heritage Centre nestles amongst the trees of Rondebosch and has spectacular views over the Tinkie Heyns Field towards the school, pools and Cricket A. It is the home for Old Boys on the Rondebosch campus and houses the Rondebosch museum and archives.
The upstairs area comprises a board room, ‘The Honours Room’, and a function room. Both rooms are used extensively by Prep and High School staff, the Old Boys’ Union and our school boys.
‘The Honours Room’ is the formal hub of the Union with displays about the history of the Union itself. The Honours Boards list all of the Presidents, Chairmen and Vice Presidents since the Union’s founding in 1909. School magazines, from 1950 to the present, are available for browsing (older copies are available on request and are in the process of being digitized).
The theme of the Function Room is our Old Boy international sportsmen, with jerseys and other items on show. We also have a display recording the names of all Old Boys who played rugby for the Stormers or in the Western Province Currie Cup. Similar displays are planned for Rondebosch’s other sports.
The Museum and Gallery on the ground floor feature numerous displays about the achievements of Rondebosch school boys, Old Boys and staff, reflecting Rondebosch our history. There are also paintings and photographs of the school and Canigou dating back to the early 1900s.