Stories from our archives
Take a dip into our archives with these interesting stories and photos about members of our Rondebosch Family.
The Memorial Hall – 70 years on
2019 marked the seventieth anniversary of the laying of the Memorial Hall Foundation Stone on 19 May 1949 by the Administrator of the Cape. “The ceremony was attended by over a thousand boys from the Preparatory and High Schools, with many parents present as well. A hymn was sung, after which our Headmaster delivered an address. He was followed by Mr Ryk Melck, the chairman of the Old Boys’ Union. His Honour Mr Carinus spoke a few words to us, telling the boys of Rondebosch how fortunate they were to be having such a fine hall built for them. He then laid the foundation-stone, and the ceremony finished with singing of the School Song.”
The foundation stone is clearly visible to the right of the main doors leading into the building.